Starbucks Frappuccino drinks are my stress beverage of choice. They’re also pretty expensive. To get around that, I did what I think anyone would do – checked the internet. I found several ways to make a frappuccino, and tried this one.
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso (chilled)
- 2 1/2 cups low fat milk (2%)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry pectin *
- 3/4 tablespoon vanilla extract (flavor!)
To fake out the 1/2 cup espresso, I did
- 1/3 cup coffee
- 1 cup water
- re-brewed (brew once and put the coffee back into the water tank)
I’ve got almost everything figured out except how to get the pectin to integrate without clumping. I don’t know if it’s the pectin that I have or I’m missing the trick. I’ve ended up skimming chunks of pectin off the top to get it right, but that is time consuming. This will require more thinking.