This originally came to my attention through an article on properly designed blog aesthetics. It’s an interesting short-discussion on the interpretations and reactions to colors. From the article:
- White: Pure. Clean. Youthful. It’s a neutral color that can imply purity in fashion and sterilization in the medical profession.
- Black: Power. Elegant. Secretive. The color black can target your high-end market or be used in youth marketing to add mystery to your image.
- Red: Passion. Excitement. Danger. Red is the color of attention, causing the blood pressure and heart rate to rise. Use red to inject excitement into your brand.
- Orange: Vibrant. Energy. Play. Add some fun to your company if you want to create a playful environment for your customers.
- Yellow: Happy. Warm. Alert. Yellow can be an attractor for your business with a relaxed feeling.
- Green: Natural. Healthy. Plentiful. To create a calming effect or growth image choose green. Go green go.
- Purple: Royalty. Wise. Celebration. Maybe add some purple tones to your look for your premium service business.
- Blue: Loyal. Peaceful. Trustworthy. Blue is the most popular and neutral color on a global scale. A safe choice for a business building customer loyalty.